Sunday, June 22, 2008

breathe.

It is raining. I hear it from inside my little room. I'm not in my regular house. It is a new place to me. The owners are in the Bahamas. I'm watering their plants, sleeping in their bed, and making sure no burglars come and get their stuff - although the most important stuff (aka the scuba diving gear) was taken away with them on their trip. I'm lonely. It is a lonely night. I'm happy with that. Sometimes it is good to just get away from the noise of the world and be by yourself. Just to listen to the rain water the plants I watered this morning. I hope they don't drown. I can't wait to experience a thunderstorm like this in my own house. Hopefully I won't be lonely. Even if I just have a big dog that is afraid of storms, I would be content with that.

The rain will help me sleep tonight. It will remind me that tomorrow will be a new day. Probably a very humid day, but a new one, nonetheless.



And that is the kind of news I need to hear right now.

4 comments:

taylor made said...

I can relate to this. All of this. I really like it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi there - I found your blog - how fun! I tell you blogland is amazing. Just wanted to pop over and say "hi" -I have so many fun memories of you taking care of my kiddoes.:) Saw your pic up at Starbucks...whhooo hoo. I'd love to hear you guys.
Jen:)

My First Kitchen said...

I nominated you for a blog award. I know. You love me. Come visit and see the linkage.

E said...

ummmm why did I not know you had a blog>??