Monday, November 12, 2007

of fallen leaves and twinkle lights.

I love cold. I love the smell that you can only smell on a frigid night. I love when you can see your breath, and the stars twinkle like they are winking down at you. I love sitting outside, wrapped up in a blanket, and then looking down at my hands and seeing how red and chapped they are. But they are numb, so it doesn't really matter that they are chapped. I love walking on crunchy leaves that have fallen from their little homes in the trees. I love watching the stars fall across the sky and making silly wishes on them.

What I really love is enjoying these things, and then realizing that the same thing that created me has also created my favorite fallen leaves and twinkle lights. Then I think about this.

If I was the only person on the world, Jesus would die for just me. He would do it all over again, just because He loves me that much. I think that this fact transcends our salvation, though. If I were the only person on earth, He would still create a beautiful world for me to live in. He wouldn't leave out the different trees and stars and seasons. He would create them all so I could enjoy them. The main reason why He created the world as He did was to bring glory to Him. But I think He wanted us to enjoy His glory. That's why I love fall. Because I love God. I see His handiwork in this earth. Fallen leaves and twinkle lights speak my heart language. They make me feel special. Because they remind me that Jesus delights in me because He loves me. The stars fade, but new ones are reborn. The leaves fall, but they grow back. You can see Christ's resurrection story in nature. You can see how we are like those old naked trees before Jesus gets a hold of us. Then we are transformed and are turned into beautiful trees with blossoms and full of life. "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow out within him."

16The trees of the LORD drink their fill,
The cedars of Lebanon which He planted,
17Where the birds build their nests,
And the stork, whose home is the fir trees.
18The high mountains are for the wild goats;
The cliffs are a refuge for the shephanim.
19He made the moon for the seasons;
The sun knows the place of its setting.
32He looks at the earth, and it trembles;
He touches the mountains, and they smoke.
33I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

-Psalm 104: 16-19, 32-33

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love the way you think ...and feel about things ...the way you see the details and the big picture. love,mom